Membership at Oakland Center for Spiritual Living
OCSL receives new members two times each year. Preceding New Member initiation, there are "Discovery" classes to be taken in preparation for membership. After completion of the classes, there is
an initiation ceremony a week or two later, wherein all new members
are welcomed by the OCSL congregation.
Note: "New Member Sunday has been postponed until fall of 2013. More details will be available at that time."
Are you considering becoming a member of OCSL? Discover how this Center works, who does what, and how you can be of service.
- Explore the teachings, the opportunities, and the responsibilities of membership
- Identify specific ways to give your gifts and share your light
Interested? Pick up a membership application in the foyer today!
Applications for membership are located in the wall rack next to
Admin. office in the foyer of the Sanctuary. Please complete the form
and slip it through the mail slot in the Admin. office. For further
information, please feel free to contact Kathleen Johnson, RScP 510.524.9585, or email
What It Means to Be a Member of OCSL
By making the commitment of membership to the Oakland Center for Spiritual Living, you are making a commitment first and foremost to Spirit. This Spiritual Community is the vehicle through which your spiritual commitment is lived. Therefore, you are committing to:
- Uphold the teachings and practices of the Science of Mind and Spirit and to the Global Heart Vision and to exemplify them in your daily life.
- Cultivate an inner life of prayer, meditation and vision.
- Attend Sunday services and become an active Participant in Oakland Center activities as often as possible.
- Interact with the Minister, Practitioners, Core Council, and fellow Congregants in a harmonious and non-judgmental manner.
- Unconditionally support Oakland Center through the gifts of time, talent and financial resources.
- Participate in the formal business of Oakland Center by attending the Annual and special meetings in order to stay educated about Oakland Center’s business. To cast your vote when asked and to lend your support toward the successful operation of our spiritual Community.
Privileges of Membership include:
- An annual spiritual check-up with a licensed Practitioner of your choice.
- The opportunity to serve on Leadership Teams and Cores.
- The opportunity to candidate to become a member of the Core Council, Vision Core, and Nominating core.
- The opportunity to cast your vote for Core Council, Vision Core, and Nominating Core candidates and other official business of our spiritual Community.
- The opportunity to serve as a delegate to the United Centers for Spiritual Living Annual Gathering.
- Six Months Free subscription to Science of Mind Magazine.