Oakland Center for Spiritual Living’s Pastoral Care Team provides loving support, prayer and spiritual guidance for our spiritual community. Our dedicated Prayer Practitioners – the “Healing Arm” of our Center – are all under the umbrella of Pastoral Care.
- Pastoral Care Coordinator is Rev. Geri Carder.
- Ministry of Prayer – Dorothy Mendez, RScP
- Compassionate Care and Bereavement – Richard Robinson, RScP and Doug Myers, RScP
- Caregiver Support – Joyce LaMar, RScP
For pastoral care and support, contact Rev. Geri Carder / e-mail: Revgeri@oaklandcsl.org / ph: 510-604-4223
We treat your prayer request with the utmost respect. While your prayer request is completely confidential within our prayer ministry, it will be shared with the members of our prayer ministries.
Additional ways to receive affirmative prayer
- While at Oakland Center for Spiritual Living, complete a prayer request form and put it in the prayer box.
- Prayer practitioners will be available to sit with you for one-on-one prayer after the Sunday morning service. The prayer room is at the rear of the sanctuary.
- Call a Practitioner.
There are many opportunities to serve in the Pastoral Care Ministry at Oakland Center for Spiritual Living. If you have taken our Foundations or Beyond Limits class and would like to be involved in our Pastoral Care Ministries, please contact Rev. Geri Carder at the center for more information. Pastoral ministries include prayer support, crisis support, home and hospital visitation, animal ministry, hospice and grief support.