We consider giving our own services (our time, resources, skills, etc.) to others be a Spiritual Practice.
Our spiritual community is built upon the sacred service of many of our congregants, who participate in supporting our church in various ways.
To see how you can give to our community, please visit the Sacred Service Ministry page.
There are service opportunities in the Pastoral Care Ministry at Oakland Center for Spiritual Living (OCSL)! If you have taken Foundations and would like to be involved in any of the ten Pastoral Care Ministries, please contact Rev. Jescie France at (510) 547-1979 ext 350 or via email and leave your contact information.
PASTORAL CARE MINISTRIES
- Crisis Support – Are you able to support those who have lost their jobs, their home, their relationship or find themselves in crisis? This is as simple as making a phone call to let someone know that we care.
- Sage Ministry – Do you enjoy talking and listening to folks over 65 years of age?
- Animal Kinship Ministry – Are you an animal lover?
- Visitation – Are you able to visit the sick in the outer areas of the Bay Area or here in Oakland?
- Helping Hands – Can you run errands for those who are temporarily homebound?
- Hospice & Grief – Are you able to accompany someone in their sacred journey of transition? We can show you how.
- Consoling Parents – Do you know someone who has lost a child in their first year? Are you able to offer spiritual support, a caring phone call to just listen?
- Love Light Ministry – Can you help greet and usher at memorial services at the OCSL?
- Love Notes – Would you like to help write and send cards to our congregants who request Pastoral Care? We have the cards and stamps! We just need your heart-felt sentiments.
- Calling Angels – Would you like to be on a team that calls our members on their birthdays to offer them their free, annual gift of a Spiritual Checkup with a Practitioner?
If you are called to this ministry, please answer! If you have taken Foundations and you have time to make phone calls, pray, or just listen, know that there is a big need for you in Pastoral Care. There are Coordinator positions, yes, and there are also other areas to serve.
THANK YOU for your consciousness.